Thursday, April 9, 2009

Race for the CURE

My family decided to rasie money to support the Komen Salt Lake City Race for the Cure® on May 09, 2009 in the fight against breast cancer. This is really personal to my family because of my sisters fight with breast cancer. She is doing awesome and has completed her six treatments of CHEMO. She is amazing and so strong so we are doing this walk/run in here honor.

Info about breast cancer:
One in eight women will be stricken with breast cancer in her lifetime and the more we raise, the more the Salt Lake City Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure can give back to fund vital breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs in our own community and support the national search for a cure.

If you are interested in the walk/run or in donating let me know.
Thanks for all your support.

1 comment:

Dara's Doodles said...

Do you already have to have signed up for the Race for the Cure? I'd like to participate, but don't feel like I can make too many plans until after Laurie's baby is here, and we know all is well, and can settle into a routine. I'd like some details on it, though, and will try to remember to ask you when I call to let you know about Laurie's progress with the baby...but thought leaving a message for you here may help you to remind ME to get the info about the race. I tend to forget things very easily...and even moreso when there's a big event like a new grandbaby! So, please let me know the details!