Monday, January 19, 2009

Ear Infections


Gavin has a double ear infection. Last week we went to the ENT to get checked for tubes and he was fine. Now we have a double ear infection and last night the right side ruptured. We are on antibodies and drops so HOPEFULLY those will help. Poor guy.

4 comments:

A said...

Oh man I remember those days... ELlie finally got tubes at 9 months and they are still in! But are on their way out... just had them checked on wed. I think the pic of you guys on your header is so adorable!
What is up with church at 4 pm! I would drop out...lol

Sue said...

Awe, poor guy! It breaks my heart when they are sick. No fun. Hope he gets better soon!

HaleyandGabe said...

oh man thats sounds terrible!! what is so weird is I have a sick kid too with an ear infection...this week so far has been lovely. I think I am officially experiencing the "wonders" of motherhood!!!!

Dara's Doodles said...

Poor guy! Poor Mom and Dad, knowing he's hurting and feeling helpless to do anything! Mindy had chronic ear infections, and they put her on one dose of Gantricin (sp?) every day for 9 months, and she never had another one. I don't know if they still do that or not, though, since doctors shy away from heavy use of antibiotics now. It sure helped, though! I'm glad he's feeling better now! They DO end up growing out of ear infections, as they get bigger and their ear canal tilts so the fluid runs out. Hopefully that will happen soon! Hang in there!